Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Comfort + Luxury= Happiness

Comfort is perhaps the most ultimate luxury
....billy baldwin
I live in a historic home dating back to the late 1700's...that's right, it's got lots of character, and little idiosyncrisies, that only a homeowner could love...noisy radiators, low ceilings,
( i think i have a permanent egg on my head from descending into my basement)
....and creaky stairs and floorboards
....but, I happen to love my house and infact, I feel very comfortable and cozy when I am inside...
So, I got to thinking,
What makes a home or a favorite room comfortable?
Why do certain rooms appeal to us more than others...?
Is it surrounding yourself with soothing colors, soft tones, cozy furniture, family photos, all wrapped up in your own personal style? Is it the glow of candlelight or the blaze of the fireplace that puts you at ease. Is it the new zebra stools you found that screamed take me home...
or is it the perfect blue you found at the paint store...?
For me, it's a clean palette of  Dove White, San Antonio Gray and black, mixed with white accesossories, a pop of yellow a little animal print and a lot of SPARKLE...( just like the room above) I found on one of my favorite decorating blogs...www.emilyaclark.blogspot.com....

I feel happy reading in my cozy white couch or sitting in my zebra print chairs....

What are your thoughts... what makes your favorite room comfortable....and where in your home to you go to be happy?

Speaking of comfortable and happy check out a few of my favorite decorating blogs...that I just  Love! Love! Love!
 and I check pretty much on a daily basis...they make me happy!!!!

I think they offer tons of inspiration and ideas...
and beautiful pictures to look at it....


Have a happy day!

3 comments:

Erika Ward said...

Hey Heather,
Thanks for the mention! You are too kind...One of my most favorite spots is my home office...It's my personal sanctuary.

E Makes Art said...

Thank you for sharing these blogs. I also love interior design and think that it's important to love your home. Hmmm...speaking of...I need to get to cleaning, organizing, and painting....

I looove these illustration too, esp the yellow one!

E Makes Art said...

Oh yeah, what makes me comfy in a room is color and textures. Lots of different textures, and soft light. And being surrounded by things and people that i love.