Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

My Home - A Holiday House Tour - Part I

So glad you can join me for a holiday house tour of my home!
Remember I told you it's from 1763?
Yes, we have 3 fireplaces, beams and low ceilings...


 Simple, fresh greenery adorn the buffet in my dining room...and candles are a must!



bowls of pine cones can be found throughout my house
and on the dining room table....



The den is home to greens and a watercolor painting of Central Park
by one of my favorite Etsy artists,

and a big comfy chair with a simple Jade colored blanket from


The pillows are all from here, a great online home decor shop.... 

The den is also home to one of the 7 Christmas trees in my house...

this little tree is decorated with intricate hand stitched ornaments from my Aunt Wendy...
They are just amazing!
Every year she surprises us with a new one....




I like to create small vignettes throughout my home,
and this is one of them featuring the gorgeous painting
 I won in an auction  from 
this year, too!
Lucky me!


 another fireplace mantel adorned with sparkling reindeer and more white lights!



Simplicity is the key for me, when I am decorating.
I collect white pottery and bowls, as you can see!


Boxwood and evergreen arrangements in the kitchen!

 White roses and Christmas greens in the living room..
I love fresh flowers...and the smell of fresh evergreen...

Just a peek at one of the ornaments on the main Christmas tree...

Thanks for joining us...


 Tune in next time for Part II of the
Holiday House Tour !



Thanks for joining me!



25 comments:

laurie said...

wow, thats amazing,

Heather said...

Thanks Laurie!

Brian Miller said...

7 christmas trees? wow...

love the greenery and pine cones...it gives a great accent to the white decor....

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Heather... your home is beautiful! 3 fireplaces... sigh... that is amazing! I love your simple and elegant decorating. Love the greenery and the sparkle on the pine cones. Thanks for the tour... can not wait to see more! :)

Christine said...

This is like one of those Holiday Home tours, really professional, thanks for letting us into your home for an excellent show Heather! 7 Christmas Trees? Wow.

Catherine... said...

Gorgeous...

craftattack said...

Really gorgeous! Happy Holidays to you and yours, Valerie

maddyrose said...

Your home looks beautiful dressed up for the holidays. I'd love to have 7 Christmas trees but wouldn't have room for them.

EVA said...

Gorgeous!!

A beautiful home with beautiful decor.

Anne said...

So pretty. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Christmas season!

xox

Wanda said...

Standing in awe at the beauty you have created in your home.

So very lovely, warm and just YOU!!!

Di said...

Wow -your home looks like something out of a magazine. Amazing -simple elegant and gracious! Merry Christmas!

Betsy said...

Lovely~ I used a lot of silver this year, too! And I love simple!

Julia Christie said...

Oh Your house is amazing!!! I loved this tour last year and was hoping you would repeat it this year! So gorgeous!!!
I love the clean crispness of everything!

Yum!
Can't wait for the next installment!

Smiles and hugs
xoxo
Julia

Pamela Holderman said...

Whoah 7 trees - just gorgeous. I keep trying for the simple classic look, but I have too much stuff I love. sigh... Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year!

Cameron said...

Gorgeous! You live in a magazine!!

Julia Christie said...

Yeah!!! So excited they arrived before xmas! Oh I had so much fun putting that little package together - The best was not telling because it is just so fun to get something in the mail when you are not expecting it!

Thank YOU so much for always being a bright spot in blogland - I never find anything but joy and inspiration when I visit here and knowing I can count on that is so special.
Hugs and smiles and a very merry xmas to you and your lovely family!
xo

Laura Trevey said...

Hi Heather!

Your mantel looks beautiful ~ I love the silver sparkle...

Happy Holidays!!
Laura

Diana Evans said...

Oh what a magical tour Heather!!!! I love your decor....so festive and gorgeous for the Holidays!!! this is my favorite time of year!!!!

Michaele Razi said...

Oh my! I want to live in your house! lol. BTW, I received your lovely Christmas card/ornament--simply wonderful! Thank you so much and I hope you have a great holiday!

Joni Nickrent said...

Gorgeous Holiday Spirit! Thanks for inviting us in for a peek!

Jehanne's doodles said...

Simply Gorgeous Heather!

Nicola said...

Your house looks beautiful Heather!!! Merry Christmas hope you have a wonderful christmas and all the best for the New Year! xoxoxoox

Betsy said...

hey, hey, hey! I got your adorable card ornament in the mail! Thank you SO much!

Merry Christmas! xo

TinyRed said...

Beautiful home!