Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss


It's Dr. Seuss's Birthday today.
The girls and I have just finished watching The Lorax, 
it's honestly one of my favorite books.

We have also been busy playing with our homemade version of Dr. Seuss's 
Oobleek
in honor of another one of our favorite Seuss tales, 
"Bartholomew and the Oobleck"


The texture of our Seussical goo is amazing and it's fun to play with.
Here's the Recipe.
3 Cups Corn Starch
2 Cups Water
and Food Coloring of your choice. So simple and easy!

We chose pink to go with our Lorax theme.







And, after all of this movie watching, goo playing and book reading
we will treat ourselves to these adorable looking Truffula Cupcakes...
I found the recipe here on one of my favorite blogs
adorable, right?
How about you? 
Any favorite Dr. Seuss stories?



2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. it is fun to play with....did not realise it was from seuss...we found it at a science exhibit...seuss was def a staple of growingup

Crystal said...

My goodness Heather you have brought back so many memories of my fun with oobleck. We used to make it all the time when my daughter was little. I love the good doctor Suess! and your sketches are always a pleasure to view. :-)