Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Believe in a Cure


Cure Rett Syndrome
Imagine the symptons of autism, cerebral palsy, Parkinson's, epilepsy and anxiety disorders all in one little girl...This is Rett Syndrome. This is my dear friends' daughter, little Ysabel. Ysabel, was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome at the early age of 2. Despite the fact that she cannot walk, talk, or use her hands, she is full of life and pesonality. She has taught family and friends about courage, bravery, compassion, strength and love more in her four short years of life, than most do in a lifetime.

Tonight, I will be at a fundraiser organized by family and friends to raise money for the International  Rett Syndrome Foundation. All the money raised will be donated to IRSF to fight for a cure for this genetic neuroligical disorder that occurs almost exclusively in females. A girl is born every five hours with Rett syndrome. To learn more about it visit rsrt.org and irsf.com.

Heather

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather. I have never even HEARD of Rett, I will have to look into it. That is really sad, but how cool that you are able to do something helpful for this little girl. Love your blog, your sketches are amazing (I love Stonington, too, so pretty there). I'm a new follower, for sure!

Have a lovely weekend, and if you get a moment, pop by and check out my Catherine Deneuve giveaway! Cheers!

Bella Sinclair said...

Aww, Heather. These are darling. Thanks for the education on Rett, and to hear that there's another little girl born with it every five hours is shocking. Ysabel sounds like an amazing and beautiful little warrior. Thank you for bringing attention to this.

quixb said...

Hi Heather! I absolutely LOVE this picture! My niece has Rett Syndrome and we are putting on a large fundraiser for her I am wondering if we can get permissions to use this picture in a few signs? Is it OK if I also use it on my Facebook page? Thank you! Connie