Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hello 37


Well, it's here...my birthday, or birthday month as my husband likes to say...
Ok, so I like to celebrate...
what's wrong with that???

 It's always been a special day for me...
I've always thought about my birthday in a happy way...
It's a day to feel special, eat pink cupcakes for breakfast, truffles for dessert, maybe take a hot bubble bath, definitely snooze a bit longer, and
have lunch with someone you love... I'm having lunch with my mom today!

Lucky me!

 It's a day to SHINE!
and celebrate life, be thankful and grateful and hopeful for the future!

I'm celebrating and embracing my age today...I am so glad to be ALIVE!

Maybe it's your birthday, or someone you love is celebrating their special day...
make a wish and blow out the candles! And wish them happiness!

And please check out this wonderful blog post by Julia Christie...
It's a great post about age, and embracing our 'outer child'
and I have printed it out and have it hanging on my desk!

So today, even though I am one year older, I am going to have dessert for breakfast, do cartwheels on my front lawn, swing on a swing, play hide and go seek, color with chalk on the driveway,
and simply....enjoy the day!


I hope you enjoy your day, too!
Heather

7 comments:

Julia Christie said...

Heather,
A very happy birthday to you! May your 37th year be the best yet - and thanks so much for your kind words about my 'outer child' post and mentioning it in yours today - very sweet of you! Love the pic at the top too...she's so cute!

Birthday Smiles
JuliaChristie

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

A very Happy Birthday to you. Have fun! Great illustrations!

Shirley said...

HAPPY Birthday to you Heather! I found you on Sarah's blog at Koo and Poppet! Many thanks for your kind words...it's a treat to see your beautiful work. Hope you have a wonderful birthday month and I will add the follow gadget thing now. : )

Lisa M Griffin said...

Happy Birthday!! I agree with you 100%, we wait an entire year for these to roll around and they should be enjoyed! ;)

Tammie Lee said...

It sounds as though you had a wonderful birthday! May your new year feel absolutely wonderful to you!
The drawing is charming.

Walter Helena Photography said...

Happy birthday! What adorable illustrations you create!

I'm having a fine art giveaway at the end of the month and would love you to drop by my blog to enter, if you'd like :)

Krista said...

Awww... I'm sorry I missed this on your actual birthday! Happy Birthday, Heather!